Australian Lunar Series II 2009 Year of the Ox Silver Typeset Collection
- 99.9% Pure Silver
- Year of the Ox Reverse Designs
- Exquisite Range of Finishes
- ‘P’ Mintmark
- Australian Legal Tender
- Limited Mintage
- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- Presentation Packaging
99.9% Pure Silver
Each coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 1oz of 99.9% pure silver.
Year of the Ox Reverse Designs
Each coin celebrates the 2009 Year of the Ox with a reverse design depicting an ox and a calf standing on grass with hills in the background. As well as the inscription ‘Year of the Ox’ and the Chinese character for ‘ox, The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark also appears on the reverse of all four coins.
Exquisite Range of Finishes
Produced with proof, bullion, gilded and coloured finishes, each coin demonstrates a numismatic finish and/or treatment for which The Perth Mint is renowned.
- The delicately frosted design on the proof coin appears on a mirror-like polished table;
- The shiny design on the bullion coin appears on a frosted table;
- The specimen quality gilded coin highlights both animals in 24-carat gold;
- The specimen quality coloured coin depicts both animals in colour.
Australian Legal Tender
Issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965, each coin features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on its obverse.
The Perth Mint will release no more that 1,500 of these 2009 Typeset Collections celebrating the Year of the Ox.
Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
Each collection is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
Each collection is housed in a contemporary red and black display case and illustrated shipper.